Mission & Vision
The Unna Academy owes its name to Professor Paul Gerson Unna, one of the leading German dermatologists of his day. His famous saying (which he pronounced at the World Dermatology Congress in Paris in 1900) “We must keep in mind that the primary concern should always be patient benefit” still guides the work of our academy and the courses we offer to this day.
The Professor Paul Gerson Unna Academy was founded in Germany in 2016.
Why Unna Academy
The Professor Paul Gerson Unna Academy at a glance
- Targeted portfolio of scientific education and patient management training courses
- Courses oriented to the knowledge requirements and fields of interest of the medical profession
- High quality standards that are assured by a neutral, product-independent steering committee
- Professional organisation, relaxed, collegial atmosphere
- Aligned with the requirements of current legislation and compliance regulations
The benefits of our enrolees
Assuring a high level of dermatological expertise is just one of the Steering Committee‘s several duties. Its members are chosen from a variety of specializations. This ensures that the most important indications and issues in the field of dermatology are represented. Quality and relevance, scientific innovation, and practical benefit are the key criteria the Steering Committee uses when deciding what should be included in the program.
Overview of responsibilities:
- Defining the strategic and educational scope of the Unna Academy
- Identifying topics, areas of interest and fields in which there are legitimate training needs
- Maintaining independence of corporate interests and products when making decisions
- Issuing final approval for training concepts and quality assurance